The ski area is located 16 miles south of Bismarck/Mandan, ND., along the western slope of the Missouri River. Huff Hills offers skiing and snowboarding in a great family environment. The beginner area features family-friendly terrain, and Huff Hills Ski Patrol members are usually available to provide free lessons. The ski area usually opens around Thanksgiving weekend. In a typical season we are open until the second or third week in March. The area receives an average of 40 inches of natural snow . The average daytime high temperature in December is 26°F.
- 450' vertical drop
- 16 runs, the longest is .75 miles long
- Four lifts - two double chairlifts, a T-Bar, and a handle tow
- North Dakota's largest ski area
- Snowmaking coverage over 80% of the area
- Beginner friendly learning area
- Ski and Snowboard rentals
- Base lodge with food service
Huff Hills Ski Area is a great place to come enjoy skiing or snowboarding. The base area features great food service, and a variety of items are available to satisfy the appetites of hungry skiers and riders.
The stone fireplace, and two floors of seating and giant windows offer the perfect place to enjoy lunch, or a quick cup of hot chocolate, while enjoying great views of the area.
Days and Hours of Operation
Thu - Sun & Holidays: 10am - 5pm